This week’s episode of The Weekly Briefly is longer than normal because it’s jam packed with stories and advice from the past four years of making a living online.
I share ins and outs, fears and motivations, challenges and victories. Highlights include:
- Why I quit my job to write shawnblanc.net for a living.
- The launch of my members-only podcast and how I thought it was so audacious to charge $3/month.
- The shift I see related to advertising as a significant revenue stream.
- Building and launching Delight is in the Details versions 1 and 2 — including what I learned about how an idea needs to mature and grow, how my idealistic approach to marketing isn’t practical, and how I felt like a fraud when I wanted to charge $29 for the complete bundle.
- And my latest project, The Focus Course, and the challenges and fears I’m facing with it right now.