The Internet has been bubbling up with all sorts of OmniFocus-related nerdery lately. I realized that one reason to favor OmniFocus over other to-do apps is that a lot of my super-smart friends use it, and they’re always finding or building clever tricks to decrease friction.
Here are a few recent things worth sharing. Listed in order of Nerd Score.
– **[OopsieFocus](http://shawnblanc.net/2011/06/oopsiefocus/):** A script that launches OmniFocus if you’ve hit keyboard shortcut for the quick-entry pane but realize that OmniFocus isn’t actually running. *Nerd Score: 2/10*
– **Send the frontmost Safari tabs to OmniFocus:** [Direct to the inbox with Growl support](http://shawnblanc.net/2012/08/frontmost-safari-tabs-omnifocus/); or [via the Quick Entry pane](http://bettermess.com/sending-multiple-safari-tabs-to-omnifocus/). *Nerd Score: 3/10*
– **[A Keyboard Maestro Macro for linking nvALT notes into an OmniFocus action item:](http://bettermess.com/getting-omnifocus-and-nvalt-to-play-nice/)** Just what it says on the tin. Very helpful if you keep a lot of reference material, ideas, or whathaveyou in nvALT. *Nerd Score: 4/10*
– **[SimplicityBliss on OmniFocus:](http://simplicitybliss.com/omnifocus/)** Sven Fechner’s collection of posts, tips, and tricks on OmniFocus. *Nerd Score: 6/10*
– **[A Chair About Running:](http://collindonnell.com/2012/08/23/a-chair-about-running-glassboard/)** A Glassboard board for people to share about productivity tips and stories. *Nerd Score: 6/10*
– **[Send Favorited tweets to your OmniFocus Inbox:](http://www.macstories.net/tutorials/send-favorite-tweets-to-omnifocus-inbox/)** Federico Viticci’s fine use of IFTTT, Dropbox, Hazel, AppleScript, and shell commands. *Nerd Score: 9/10*
– **[Create OmniFocus tasks with AppleScript](http://macsparky.com/2012/8/applescript-omnifocus-tasks):** How David Sparks uses Hazel and AppleScript to automate the creating of a task in OmniFocus related to documents and bills he scans into his computer. *Nerd Score: 9/10*