There is no one-size fits all system for your tasks, time, and goals. But there are good things about different systems and tools that can help you.
A good system for managing your tasks, your time, and your ideas should hopefully include these elements:
- Allows you to clarify your priorities and act in order
- It’s something you understand and enjoy using
- It allows you to focus on the right things at the right time
- Efficiency: you’re able to do more in less time (instead of taking a long time to do very little)
- Anxiety and stress are reduced (not exasperated)
- You know if you hit the mark
- It’s repeatable and sustainable
If I had to pick just two: sustainability and enjoyment would be at the top of the list. Otherwise, you’ll never use what you’ve got.