Here are 10 tips to help you stop procrastinating that thing
- Set a short timer
- Ask someone to help you
- Get a focus buddy for accountability
- Only do one thing at a time
- Time block your tasks
- Go on a short walk and think about what you’ll do when you get back
- Ask someone else to do it (delegate)
- Answer “why” 3 times
- Don’t be perfect; focus on good enough
- Leave your phone in a different room
Which number is most helpful for you?
For me, I lean on 2, 5, and 9 the most: I work more efficiently when I am collaborating with someone else; time blocking my day helps me stay on track; and I’m a chronic over-thinker who has to be reminded to stop overthinking things.