It’s Friday! I was recently asked by a reader about what podcasts I’d recommend.
While I don’t listen to podcasts frequently, I do listen regularly. Since I work from home, I don’t have much of a commute (unless half-a-flight of stairs counts). But whenever I’m in the car on errands I’ve got a podcast going.
And so, since I only listen to a couple of podcast episodes each week, I’m very particular about which episodes I listen to. Trying to choose only the ones that look the most interesting or relevant to me.
Which is why, as I’ve mentioned before, my number one feature request for Overcast would be a custom playlist that works like a “listen later” queue. I’d love to flag individual episodes from within Overcast and have them show up in a playlist and I could just work my way through that list.
But, that’s just details.
I mostly listen to business-centric podcasts these days. Below are are my four current favorite shows.
As always, thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.
I just discovered the Entreleadership podcast about six months ago, and have listened to nearly every episode since. It’s an excellent combination of tight editing with candid conversation.
The episodes are short (usually 30 minutes or less) and usually feature 2-3 different segments and conversations.
Some recommended episodes:
- Jim Collins — How to Build an Enduring, Great Company
- Seth Godin — How to Make Change Happen
- Shawn Achor — How Happiness Fuels Your Success
No surprise here. I’ve long been encouraging folks to listen to the Fizzle Show. It’s equal parts fun and helpful. From the practicals of starting and sustaining a business to the emotional ups and downs of entrepreneurship, these guys know their stuff.
Some recommended episodes:
- How to Grow — The 2 Types of Growth
- How We Deal With the Cesspool of Self Doubt
- How to Create Your Own Definition of Success
The unsung star of the seanwes podcast is actually Sean’s co-host, Ben. Being a co-host is not an easy job and Ben does an excellent job! The seanwes podcast covers a broad range of topics, primarily centered around building an audience-based business.
Sean is an excellent communicator and his show is always filled with excellent advice.
Some recent and excellent episodes:
- Get More Time in a Day, Increase Your Focus, and Accomplish All of Your Goals
- How to Build Business Assets the Smart Way
- The Long Game
I mostly pick and choose which episodes of the Tim Ferris Show I listen to. They’re usually 2 hours long, but they tend to be jam packed with incredibly fascinating and helpful information.
Some of the best episodes:
- Maria Popova on Being Interesting, Creating More Time in a Day, And How to Start A Successful Blog (I learned a fascinating technique from Maria in this episode about how to best take notes when reading a paperback book for research.)
- Tony Robbins on Morning Routines, Peak Performance, and Mastering Money
- Derek Sivers Part 1 and part 2 (absolutely must-listens!)
- How Seth Godin Manages His Life — Rules, Principles, and Obsessions
* * *
In other news: Shawn Today continues with its series on 4DX. I announced my new class on time management. On Tools & Toys we reviewed an awesome pocket knife. And over on the Sweet Setup we picked the best 3rd-party email app for iOS: Microsoft Outlook.