a.k.a. Peanut butter and coconut Banana Boat
- One ripe banana
- Smooth peanut butter
- Squares from a Hershey’s chocolate bar (Feel free to use any brand of chocolate — milk or dark — depending on how much of a chocolate snob you are)
- Coconut shavings
- Marshmallows (regular or mini)
- Peel the banana, and with a very sharp knife slice it down the long middle from top to bottom.
- Lay the two halves, with flat side facing up, onto a sheet of tin foil.
- Spread a generous layer of peanut butter across the top of both banana halves.
- Place the chocolate squares evenly along the banana, on top of the peanut butter.
- Liberally sprinkle coconut shavings on top of the chocolate squares.
- Finally, place marshmallows on top of the squares.
You can cook your Banana Wonderful indoors or outdoors. At home, simply place the tinfoil holding your banana onto a cookie sheet and broil it in the oven for just a few minutes until your marshmallows are slightly browned on top and the chocolate is soft and melted.
If camping or grilling outdoors, fold the sides of your tinfoil sheet over the top of your Banana Wonderful and place near your campfire until the marshmallows are gooey.
Your Banana Wonderful is best enjoyed with a fork, along with a warm drink and some good company.