Love this! What a brilliant and fun way to celebrate milestones and wins throughout the year. (If you don’t yet have your 2023 goals written down, this will help.)
If you want to know the nerdy details about my keyboards, apps, and how I manage my business and my focus, then this is the podcast episode for you.
Some of these are hilarious and some of these are depressing. Like that 4-hour work day? It seems further away then ever…
Just earlier this month I was hosting our new-member welcome call for Focus Academy, and I took note of the reasons why they had joined. Several folks mentioned how they are trying to reduce their work hours from 60-hour weeks down to something more sustainable.
In his book, Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster lists several principles for the outward expression of simplicity. These are things which someone could use or do in their attempt to flesh out the meaning of simplicity in the modern life.
Here are six of Foster’s suggestions:
- Develop a deeper appreciation for nature.
- Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
- Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
- Develop a habit of giving things away; de-accumulate.
- Shun whatever would distract you from your main goal.
- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.